Photovoltaic Solar Panels
Using a photovoltaic solar panel is one of the easiest ways to save money on your electric bills. It is obvious that solar power requires making an initial investment, but it is an excellent investment for the future. First of all, a solar unit will eventually pay for itself (sometimes quite fast). Secondly, using renewable energy will help to maintain our planet and keep it clean for our children and grandchildren.
Homeowners have different reasons for equipping their homes with solar panels. Whatever the reason is, solar systems prove to be a great investment for just about anyone who lives in a sunny area (no matter if it's warm or cold, or if it's sunny only in the summer months).
A photovoltaic solar panel is a unit that captures the sunlight and converts it to electricity. Here is how it works (in brief). The process starts once the rays of the sun strike the anti-reflective surface of a solar cell, knocking the electrons loose and creating an electron imbalance. The loose electrons start to flow from the back side of the solar cell to its front side, where they reach an inverter (a power converter). The inverter converts DC electricity into standard grid-compatible household AC electric, which can be used to power any electric-run appliance.
Solar panels are widely available for purchase online and in the local stores. Also, there are now available special DIY photovoltaic solar panel kits, which come with the materials that are required for the assembly of the panels. Since the units in the kits are not yet connected, the cost of such kits is much lower than the cost of the ready-made solar modules. Depending on your needs and budget, you can choose a kit that will fit your needs. In fact, many people first "get their feet wet" with a smaller system, and then add to it later.
Advantages of Using a Photovoltaic Solar Panel as Your Source of Electric:
1. Solar panels have become very affordable (the DIY kits help to further cut down the costs, since the consumer performs all the assembly, mounting, and so on).
2. Using solar power instead of normal grid-based electric helps to significantly cut down on the depletion of our precious nonrenewable energy resources (oil and coal).
3. Solar panels can be easily installed by any DIY-inclined person.
4. A homeowner can not only stop using the grid electric, but they can also sell the excess of their solar-generated electricity to their utility company.
5. In case of homes in remote locations, where it's impossible or expensive to connect to a grid, solar systems can completely eliminate the need of having to hook-up to the grid.
6. People who suffer from frequent power outages can eliminate this problem by providing themselves with a solar energy backup (battery-stored electricity).
7. Solar panels are extremely environment friendly (they hardly produce any carbon emissions), helping to fight pollution and global warming.
Considering the multiple advantages of using a photovoltaic solar panel
as your source of electric, it is easy to understand why solar power
systems are the fastest-growing energy technology in the world.
Want to know the secrets of building your own solar system?
Then I strongly recommend that you check out the guide from Earth4Energy.
It's the best step-by-step guide that will show you exactly how to build and install your own solar panel system. Click here to learn more
DIY Solar Panels
- Solar Panels DIY Guide
- Best Solar Panel Guides
- Earth4Energy Review
- Solar Panels For Home Use - Install Them Yourself
- DIY Solar Kits
- Solar Panel Construction
- Solar Panel Design
- HomeMadeEnergy Review
- Solar Panel Installation
- Solar Panel Wiring
- Solar Panel Regulators
- Grid Tie Inverter - How To Connect Your System To The Power Grid
- Solar Panel Mounts - Build Your Own To Save Money
- Solar Panel Efficiency
- Energy2Green Review
- GreenDIYenergy Review
- All About Organic Solar Cells And How To Make Them
- Solar Roof Tiles
- Green Power Easy Review
Solar Panels 101
- Solar Panel Technology Explained
- Photovoltaic Solar Energy
- Photovoltaic Solar Panels
- How Solar Cells Work
- Guide To Solar Panels Cells
- Advantages Of Thin Solar Panel Film
- Solar Panel Shingles - What Are The Benefits?
- Guide To Flexible Solar Panels
- Silicon Solar Cells - The Most Efficient Solar Material Today