How Big Can A Solar Panel Get?
Question: I’d like to convert my home to use
solar power to save money, but we don’t have a big house. How
big can a solar panel get?
Answer: Solar panels vary in size, and can be produced to meet whatever needs your home may have. A typical, off-the-shelf solar panel purchased today is around 1 - 1.5 square meters.
If you live in a sunny area, one square meter of sunlight produces 5 Kilowatt-hours (KWH) of energy per day. A Kilowatt-hour is the amount of energy it requires to produce 1000 Watts steadily for an entire hour. One square meter of solar panel can capture this energy and produce around 1 KWH, as solar systems lose energy due to efficiency limitations in solar cells and electrical wiring.
The sunlight generated in your area, your own individual energy needs as well as the size of your home’s roof will vary from household to household. The key is matching those factors and finding a solution that works for you.
Websites are readily available to help you find out the average sunlight in your area, and you need only look as far as your electric bill to find out how many KWH your household consumes each month. An addition, solar panel kits today are sold as DIY projects and can be installed without hiring costly professionals.
Want to know the secrets of building your own solar system?
Then I strongly recommend that you check out the guide from Earth4Energy.
It's the best step-by-step guide that will show you exactly how to build and install your own solar panel system. Click here to learn more
DIY Solar Panels
- Solar Panels DIY Guide
- Best Solar Panel Guides
- Earth4Energy Review
- Solar Panels For Home Use - Install Them Yourself
- DIY Solar Kits
- Solar Panel Construction
- Solar Panel Design
- HomeMadeEnergy Review
- Solar Panel Installation
- Solar Panel Wiring
- Solar Panel Regulators
- Grid Tie Inverter - How To Connect Your System To The Power Grid
- Solar Panel Mounts - Build Your Own To Save Money
- Solar Panel Efficiency
- Energy2Green Review
- GreenDIYenergy Review
- All About Organic Solar Cells And How To Make Them
- Solar Roof Tiles
- Green Power Easy Review
Solar Panels 101
- Solar Panel Technology Explained
- Photovoltaic Solar Energy
- Photovoltaic Solar Panels
- How Solar Cells Work
- Guide To Solar Panels Cells
- Advantages Of Thin Solar Panel Film
- Solar Panel Shingles - What Are The Benefits?
- Guide To Flexible Solar Panels
- Silicon Solar Cells - The Most Efficient Solar Material Today