How Widespread Is Solar Energy?
Answer: Solar energy has been in use longer than you
may think. The Greeks and Romans designed their homes to face the sun
for the heating of water. But by today’s technology standards,
the solar revolution had its beginning in the 1860s when the first solar-powered
steam engine was built.
Since then it saw a slow rise in usage until the 1950s when Bell Laboratories discovered silicon as a superconductor. After that, solar technology was under a more focused eye. When the 1970s change of oil prices sent the world into a financial panic, that focus narrowed even more.
Solar panel production growth has averaged 40% since 2000, with more growth predicted for the future. Solar panels can be used to provide power to a few of your appliances, your entire household, or in some cases entire housing communities. Solar freeways are currently being designed that will use solar panels on long strips of road in rural areas to provide power for intersections and interchanges.
Solar water heaters can heat your pool and in 2007 the world’s first solar-powered boat traveled 7,000 miles across the Atlantic Ocean using only solar power.
There is no telling how popular solar power will be in the years to come and fortunately many of the small-scale solar panel projects, like converting your home, are DIY-friendly.
Want to know the secrets of building your own solar system?
Then I strongly recommend that you check out the guide from Earth4Energy.
It's the best step-by-step guide that will show you exactly how to build and install your own solar panel system. Click here to learn more
DIY Solar Panels
- Solar Panels DIY Guide
- Best Solar Panel Guides
- Earth4Energy Review
- Solar Panels For Home Use - Install Them Yourself
- DIY Solar Kits
- Solar Panel Construction
- Solar Panel Design
- HomeMadeEnergy Review
- Solar Panel Installation
- Solar Panel Wiring
- Solar Panel Regulators
- Grid Tie Inverter - How To Connect Your System To The Power Grid
- Solar Panel Mounts - Build Your Own To Save Money
- Solar Panel Efficiency
- Energy2Green Review
- GreenDIYenergy Review
- All About Organic Solar Cells And How To Make Them
- Solar Roof Tiles
- Green Power Easy Review
Solar Panels 101
- Solar Panel Technology Explained
- Photovoltaic Solar Energy
- Photovoltaic Solar Panels
- How Solar Cells Work
- Guide To Solar Panels Cells
- Advantages Of Thin Solar Panel Film
- Solar Panel Shingles - What Are The Benefits?
- Guide To Flexible Solar Panels
- Silicon Solar Cells - The Most Efficient Solar Material Today